Report No FR0130
STORM SEWER DATA
- To provide a database for evaluation of sewer flow simulation models, in
respect of: (a) extreme events; (b)accuracy of above ground flow routines.
- To add to the national database (held at the Institute of Hydrology) for
possible future updates of sewerage hydraulic analysis models.
The limitations of existing sewerage hydraulic analysis models
are apparent to many users. Many of these limitations arise from the paucity of relevant
data for model development.
- The gully meter catchment data, not included in the database, is analyzed
and suitable events added to the database.
- The electromagnetic flowmeter calibrations are checked and the present
data transfer arrangements are simplified.
- The Oxhey Lane and one other catchment used for data collection in the
1950's are re-commissioned to enable any long term changes in run-off characteristics to
This report briefly describes the three catchments from which
data are to be added to the database, Lammas Road (Coventry), Beaumont Leys (Leicester)
and Chaddesden (Derby), the catchment instrumentation and the database held at the
Institute of Hydrology.
Copies of the report are available from FWR, price £15.00, less 20% to FWR Members.